Friday, September 16, 2011

Sticky Jesus


Does living your faith out loud and online seem like an impossible thing? Think again! Social media has given Christians a wonderful way to expand their ministry into places that I wouldn’t have even thought possible years ago. Many people wonder if it’s worth the time, if it’s all its hyped up to be and should they bother.

I say YES!

You aren’t sure where to start? Then Sticky Jesus is the book for you. Authors, Tami Heim and Toni Birdsong met online and have burst onto the scene with helps, tricks and continued support for those looking to expand their ministry. There are helps via uploads and downloads at the end of each chapter and then the true stories of how social media has made a huge impact in the lives of so many will be refreshing to your soul.

Sticky Jesus will:

  • Explore how Christ honored and built relationships and how you can do the same online.
  • Give you a practical understanding of the marketing-driven culture online.
  • Point to the Holy Spirit as your Power Source.
  • Provide personal stories that show God moving and transforming lives through social networking channels.
  • Summarize each file with a download and a prayer that are 100 percent retweetable.
  • Alert you to the danger zones.
  • Demystify the world of social networking with easy instruction on getting started on Facebook, Twitter, blogging, and content gathering (RSS).
  • Provide ongoing resources to help you grow beyond this book at http://www.stickyjesus.com/
  • Include a glossary in the back of the book to help you along the way

I love living my Faith out loud and am thankful for the heart of these ladies. I encourage you to get a copy and see how your reach can be increased, how you can be a beacon for the Lord online and get to know some wonderful people along the way.

Here is a link to purchasing the book. Let me know if you get it and what your thoughts are.

A few of my favorite blog posts from their site: http://www.stickyjesus.com

50 Promises God Gives you as you step into the digital world

100 Three Word Power Posts

Make sure you follow Tami & Toni and @stickyJesus on twitter for more insite, encouragement and ways to live your faith OUTLOUD.

Tami and Toni inspire me with each new post, they help so many and I’m honored to call them my friends. Social media has made the world a little smaller and I’m thankful for the friends that I have made from all over the world that I would have never met without social media.

Tell me how you’d like to reach more people and the issues you may be facing.

What are your doubts, fears and concerns about Social Media and the online world.

Do you find it all a bit overwhelming?

I was given a free copy of Sticky Jesus by these generous hearts, but will be purchasing a copy to give away! I’m not required to give a positive review

0 comments:

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates