Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grateful Heart


When November rolls around each year, so many people start the 30 days of Thankfulness on their Social Media sites.  I love reading them, I love seeing what people are thankful for and I love how it encourages others to do the same.

The thing that gets me though is why does it have to end?  

You are already updating your status daily; you are already sharing pictures, plans and pray requests.  You are there, so why not continue it?  Why not share something daily that you are thankful for.

Yes, November is the month that we celebrate Thanksgiving, but why not celebrate all year through?

For me, I want to express gratitude daily.

I look for the beauty in the ordinary, the rainbow after the rain and the good in the pain.  I try to express thanks for something each day, just like I do one act of JOY for someone each day.

Diligence is the key.  Instead of keeping it to myself, I will start posting something daily that I’m thankful for.  It may be online or in my journal, but I won’t let my expression of thanks end after the festivities have ended.  I won’t let April roll through without participating in some type of thanksgiving.

Will you?

Will you give daily thanks when this month of Thanksgiving is over?

I know things may get tough, finances may be difficult and the trials may seem to come in waves, but even if these things happen, there is still something to be thankful for, the question is, will you look up from the muck and mire to find it?  Will you notice the light in the dark?  Will you share what you find so that others can see the light in the dark as well?

I hope you will.

If you start something online, I encourage you to leave the link below, so that others can easily find it and be encouraged. 



Will you start by listing 4 or 5 “ordinary” things that you are so thankful for and encourage others to see the beauty in the ordinary?

I hope you will.

Spreading JOY is as easy as sharing this on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

Thank you for your efforts in Spreading Joy AND giving THANKS….daily.

PS…I’ll start

My beautifully ordinary things that I’m very thankful for:
  • Christmas Music anytime of the year
  • Silliness with friends
  • Waking up and not realizing I had even fallen asleep
  • Hope for tomorrow
  • Dishes being done by someone else
I could add sooo much more, but am hoping you will too. 



0 comments:

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates