Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday - The Great Moms in My Life


I've been thinking all week about what to write today for my Thankful Thursday post. Then a wonderful friend of mine, Melanie, asked if I would read something she wrote for Mother's Day. It was awesome - and should she post it, I'll link to it.

It started me thinking about Mother's Day and all the wonderful women that have made a difference to me over the years. I realize that there is no blog that will hold the amount of writing I would have to do in order to properly thank every lady that has made a difference in my life. Today I'd like to touch on a few of them and reserve the right to come back and highlight a few more.

1st and most importantly, my Mom! My Mom is such a strong, wonderful woman. She taught us values, awesome work ethics, how to be givers and instilled in us that no matter what, family is family and you need to be there for them. Mom will be 68 in a little over week and still works so very hard for a living. She always has. Hey, she raised 4 of us to be self sustaining...productive citizens and personally that is by far the greatest accomplishment ever. I think I would have had to shoot the 2 middle children on most days - but she didn't. (What? Me...a middle child? :-)

Mom, thank you for all you have done for me. For your love, support and encouragement. For the freedom to be me - with all the silliness and sometimes meaness that is within me. You always have there for me to lean on when things were hard or to give me a much needed nudge, to get me back into the race. You have literally loved me through thick and thin and then back again. Even when I was at such an unhealthy weight, you were kind, but stern. You encouraged without killing the spirit and I'm so grateful for that. You always love us kids - as well as your grandchildren no matter how stupid we become at times, no matter if we don't call like we should and even though we probably don't see you enough. We know that no matter how hard life is or if we are basking in the glory of success that you are there for us, encouraging, motivating and wishing for the best for us. We know that you are there for all of us and for that I'm so thankful.

I'm glad that we share the love of the ocean. I look forward to our beach trips every year. I'm thankful that we share the love of so many things. We love horror movies, the beach, flea markets and just riding around. We love going to bingo. Even though we never win money, we walk away richer than we came because of the laughter we shared for the evening. Thank you for the never ending love, the laughter and the happiness that you've given to me all of these years. Thank you for your support and for always believing in me. Thank you for being one of my very, very bestest friends. I love you and appreciate all that you do and all that you are.

Next is my sister, Angie. Angie is one that I can talk to about anything at any time anywhere and trust me - we talk, text, email or facebook each other everyday. We love spending time together at the coffee shop or the beach! When she discovers something new on the computer, she shares and I do the same. I love the fact that we can laugh together, work together, sit and be quiet while enjoying each others company or just plain do nothing together. We have so many great memories as we've raised our children together - just years apart. I'm also thankful that she is one of my very, very bestest friends! One that when the times are tough - she will be there to help me through it. When I don't feel like I can make it, she will encourage me on. And when I need a smile, she always brings out the silly side in me so that I can carry on one more day. I'm also thankful that she will even go and pick up my wallet that I'd forgotten - even though when I told her there was a password, she immediately knew what it was.....she hates that nick name and I have NO idea where I got it from so many years ago. I love you and appreciate all that you do and all that you are.

The next person I'm thankful for is my very, very bestest friend, Jeanne. She loves me just the way I am - silly one day and so focused that I hardly have time for email the next. She loves my children like her own and is willing to walk through the valley with me. I'm so happy that we can just sit, relax and enjoy coffee together anytime. She has prayed for me, cried with me and has been honestly happy for my successes. She inspires me, reminds me and motivates me to continue on fighting the good fight. She loves me for who I am, just the way I am and for that I'm thankful. I love you and appreciate all that you do and all that you are.

And last but not least, I'm thankful for my Step Mom who loves me and my family as if we were her own. She came into the family and cares deeply for us. She isn't able to get around as much as she used to - but we still have fun together. I do miss the walks to taco bell in the snow, the movie watching all hours of the night and playing yahtzee - even though I always lost. I love you and appreciate all that you've done for me.

There are so many other women who have influenced me! They are strong, courageous and use their abilities to strengthen their families as well as those around them. I want to say thank you to all the wonderful Moms that I know and say - well done Mommie....well done!

Thank you for your constant sacrifices, your unconditional love, your laughter, your smile, your hugs and your shoves back on the right track. While we might not always like what you tell us (cause who likes hearing the truth when it hurts?) you always have the courage to tell us what we need to hear! THANK YOU for having that courage!


Happy Mother's Day!
Photo - My Mommie!

2 comments:

Michelle @ The Virtual Assistant said...

Great post on appreciating the women in your life!

Marie said...

@Michelle - thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates