Setting Boundaries knows when we love an adult child whose life is out of control we can often feel helpless and hopeless. How do you step back into joy when your heart is filled with sorrow? Regardless of the type of sorrow you are feeling, there are ways of finding joy.
Finding joy among chaos and the feeling that your world is falling apart is completely possible and it was my pleasure to speak with her on that topic. This is a very honest and candid talk about being joyful - even through tears.
Setting Boundaries & Finding Sanity Blog Talk Radio Interview
Easy steps to Finding JOY when your heart is sorrowful:
- Give JOY - This should go without saying, but we often forget that it IS better to give than to receive. When we give anything to anyone, our hearts are often flooded with joy. Giving back doesn't have to always be expensive, huge gifts. Cards, smiles, hugs - simple pleasures are just as joyful as other gifts.
- Smile - Simple, yet can often can make a huge difference to a heart that is sorrowful.
- Do not compare - Don't do it. Comparing things, dwelling on the "have nots" is asking for sorrow.
- Notice and count the JOYs that are swirling all around you. - So many little things make our life big, yet we tend to miss it because we are counting our "sorrows" instead of our joys. One easy way to do this is by journaling. When you write down the JOYs, the happiness, the smile starters - you have something you can look at to remind yourself of the good times.
- Plan JOY - We plan meetings, Dr appts, visits here and there. Plan some joyful things. Plan a family night. Plan a walk in the park. Plan it and then expect joy. The only rule is that there is no discussion of the sorrow that surrounds you. PLAN and COUNT the joy.
- Remember, this too shall pass. We will have trials, tears and sorrow, but it won't always be this way. Look ahead into the future. Joy is coming.
Some Favorite quotes:
Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. Thich Nhat Hanh
Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. Fyodor Dostoevsky
I could talk for days on end about finding joy, spreading joy and the like. I hope you'll be encouraged by listening to the interview and you'll start finding joy. Once you start looking for ways of spreading joy, you'll easily begin to notice opportunities for making a difference.
To easily get started, take the 30 day challenge. One act of joy a day for 30 days, to get you in the habit of spreading joy. If you think you can not afford to be spreading joy, think again! Here are 50 ways of making a difference without spending a penny.
Are you ready to find joy? If so, you'll soon realize that "There is NO joy like Spreading Joy!"
Follow Diane on Twitter http://twitter.com/partnerinSANITY as she regularly has free webinars and documents to help you while you are on the road to sanity!
So, tell me. How do you step into joy when your heart is sorrowful?
How are you spreading joy? Do you try to make a difference with someone at least ONCE daily?
Did this interview encourage you to find true joy, even through the tears? I can't wait to hear YOUR story of finding and spreading joy!