Friday, April 9, 2010

Confessions of a Cranky Gal

Friday morning in January....the alarm goes off, ugghh…I groan. 4:30 already? Mercy. I hit the clock, drag myself out of bed and start the day. It’s Friday, I should be excited. Few more hours and the weekend will be upon me, right? Wrong! Normally the super silliness you see here is just me. While I am and can be completely serious, I love laughing, smiling, cutting up and just loving each and every moment that I can.

I’m not sure what is going on, but I feel anything but happy. I start getting ready and as I normally do, spend time in prayer while getting ready. Someone is on my heart that day, so I pray, specifically for them. Normally this would lift my spirits, but it doesn’t. I head out the door to work. No music, no nothing, just feeling cranky. I realize this and decide to keep my ickiness to myself.

A few hours pass and I’m diligently working through the day. Trying not to focus on the growing crankiness within my heart. A friend calls. “Morning!”, they say – “how are you today?” Before I even realize what I’m doing, I laugh out loud and confess “I’m pretty cranky today, how are you?” My friend laughs and we talk for a bit. Then the friend realizes, wow, she’s not kidding. I admit, no, unfortunately I’m not kidding. I don’t know why, but I’m pretty cranky and what’s worse, can’t shake it. We talk for a few more moments and say our goodbyes. My co-worker laughs and admits that she didn’t even know I was cranky, that I had hidden it pretty well. I apologized and said I was trying not to be spreading crankiness and I’d keep working on it because no one should have to deal with cranky Marie. I wasn't even really trying to hide it, just didn't want to "share" the crankiness and bring down the "TGIF" mood. You know what I mean?


Finally!!! Lunch time! I knew what needed to be done. I clocked out for lunch, sent out a tweet that said:





I got in my car and headed over to a near by Wal-Mart. Trying to figure out what to get and for whom. I knew that I needed to do something for someone – to get rid of the crankiness. I check ubertwitter to send out a few tweets while I’m walking through Wal-Mart. What I saw made me laugh so hard, out loud and in front of everyone. Gene sent a reply that simply said:




With that belly laugh, I feel the crankiness slowly start lifting. Laughter truly is good medicine! I see the perfect thing; Little Debbie Cakes. I LOVE unwrapping smiles and so will the people I give these delicious treats to. I purchase them and see a few more replies about my crankiness. I respond thank you to Jarrell who said "Keep raising those arms & waving hands & praising God." Then to Catie who said "Don't be cranky!! Here's a hug! *HUG* hope it makes you feel better :]" and trust me...it Did make me feel better. More crankiness, slowly oozing away. Then I respond to Angie and Katie who both sent more HUGS, knowing I ADORE hugs. Lastly I reply to Barbara who said "Feel better lady joy!" and head over to Subway to get a sandwich and Peanutbutter cookies for lunch. I smile and give every Subway worker a Little Debbie Valentine Brownie and wish them a wonderful day. I send out a tweet about what I had just done. I smile. I noticed more crankiness oozing away, “nice feeling” I think to myself. I’m walking through the parking lot, pull 2 cakes out for my team and then proceed to give the others away. "I love spreading joy", I happily think to myself. "Does a heart good!"

I get into my car and check ubertwitter to send out a few more thank you’s and WHO do I see?Why, it’s Little Debbie herself - Saying:


At this point, I’m like a kid on Christmas morning! “OH my gosh! Is this real or is this a bot?” I’m giggling out loud to myself. So I ask and they reply that sure enough, they are the real deal! Wow! As real as rain! Some how, knowing this and the fact that the person I had been praying for much of that morning had said that the day had started out difficult, but was getting better, simply just made my day. Those few simple, yet extremely important things helped to get rid of the crankiness.

Next to giving out Reese Cups, giving out Little Debbie Cakes is one of my favorite things to do. They are delicious and very affordable, as well as always bring a smile! I do love unwrapping a smile!

The moral? Am I always spreading joy? No, just ask my kids or husband or for that matter my little sister, Angie. Can there be an easy fix to it? It’s not always easy, but I’m telling you – from experience, I know that if you’ll FORCE yourself to focus on someone else for awhile, the crankiness will leave you. It has no choice but to run for the hills! There will be no room in your heart for the crankies. The joy you get from giving, even something small, will NOT leave room for the crankiness in your heart.

Don’t believe me? Next time you are cranky, spend approximately $3.00 on a couple boxes of Little Debbie Cakes and just give them out to random people with one of your amazing smiles. Then, after you have given them all away, come over here and describe the joy that has just flooded your heart and pushed out the crankiness.

I dare you!
I can't wait to hear from you on what you do to get rid of the CRANKIES!


Sending {{HUGS}} of gret JOY!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates