Monday, December 19, 2011

Sprinkling HOPE this Christmas


Spreading JOY, making a difference and doing what we can, where we are with what we have.  That’s all that any of us can do.

When several hundred of us get together, it simply amazes me as to what can be accomplished.  I wish that I had the time and space to list what each one of you mean to Spreading Joy!  You should know because you cared, gave, worked and used your voice that there was hope sprinkled in the hearts of Mom’s and Children this Christmas.

The tears of joy, laughter and hugs were unbelievable as everyone enjoyed an afternoon of carefree fun.

Children held up “PaSketti” as long as their arms while trying to slurp it up. My friend and I were soaking up the moment as we watched one boy completely enjoying his “PaSketti,” he had a huge smile as he was navigating the food in the right direction and the Pasketti face was priceless!  Others enjoyed the hotdogs and scrumptious macaroni and cheese.  All enjoyed the delicious desserts that the ladies of New Grace Baptist Church provided for us.

We were able to reach out to these amazing women and kids because you reached out with your huge heart, time, talents and gifts.  Thank you! By partnering with us we were able to bring Christmas Joy their way.  Here is a look at what happened:

  • We feed approx. 120 Moms and kids and volunteers spaghetti, salad, bread, mac-n-cheese, hotdogs and dessert

  • There was an awesome selection of drinks for everyone to choose from

  • The Moms were taken next door for some encouragement and shopping for toys.  They were encouraged to Boldly Walk into 2012.

  • We were able to give each Mom a gift bag with the following – Chicken Soup for the Soul book, a second encouraging book, beaded bookmark, Oriental Carpet Creation purse, Nativity book/cd combo, body wash and/or hand sanitizer, coffee & condiment pack.  Do you realize how HUGE this gift is?  These Mothers didn’t come for anything for themselves.  They only wanted gifts for their kids!

  • Each Mom was allowed to Shop for Free for 5 toys for their child to open on Christmas morning

  • After the shopping was completed, they moved into our Wrapping Rooms and wrapped, tagged and secured each present for travel home. You should have been here to hear the laughter and giggles of delight!


While all of this was going on, the kids were having a grand time of their own!

  • They heard the story of the Birth of Christ and how the Angels proclaimed this wonderful gift!

  • We allowed them to row by row shop at our Candy Store.  There were about 30 different candies and treats for them to choose from.  YOU should have been there to hear their giggles and laughter at this! Such a sweet treat!

  • We brought the children over to the gift rooms and allowed them to choose 2 gifts each to take home THAT day.  (The others were from their mom to be placed under the tree)

  • Before each child left, I personally gave each one of them a hug and a Reese’s Cup.  As I hugged them, I told them just how very special they were and that people from all over the world cared about them and wanted them to have a very Merry Christmas.  Their smiles will forever warm my heart!


 


As exciting as this day was, there is no way it could have been possible without the help of so many wonderful people.


Huge thanks and a deep appreciation goes out to:

  • Todd, from Mooresville NC - For donating all of the spaghetti, macaroni and cheese and hotdogs.  A HUGE thank you to Murdock, my friend for being my knight in shining armor in this! Both of you guys saved the day!

  • Olive Garden for donating the Salad

  • Those that collected toys for us: Clark Nexsen Architecture, Sport Clips Denver, Lake Norman Oral and Facial Surgery, Iron Mountain & Sugar Creek Garden Center

  • Those that sponsored the Christmas Joy Event – Jeff & Kathy Broom, Teen Challenge Women’s Center, Hope Circle of Linden ARP Church, Sock Grams and LifeBridge Christian Center

  • Thank you Jackie and Bob for using your voices by adding our Christmas Joy Event to your web site and spreading the word as much as possible.

  • Thank you Michael and Angie for helping with emailing and rounding up places to collect toys and make donations.

  • Thank you to The Book Rack in Charlotte for Donating books and the beaded bookmarks and to Lincolnton Book Stop in Lincolnton for donating books.

  • Thank you to those that have Facebooked our event, recommending us for those seeking for places to give funding too.

  • The precious friends I’ve come to know and love on Twitter that help us make a difference! My twitterverse is an amazing place of love and I’m forever grateful for each one of you.  You’ll never know the extent of my gratitude for you! You encourage me more than you can possibly imagine!

  • Thank you to Patterson Pope – my full time employer, for the paid 16 hours of Community Service time to take care of the “STUFF” that is near and dear to my heart.

  • Thank you to Pastor Jerry Taylor and the wonderful family of New Grace Baptist Church! Thank you for your monthly support, the use of your facilities, vehicles and for how you always step up and volunteer to help when we do these various events!

  • My friends and family that always have time to help, volunteer and look for/round up what was missing, needed and offered an arm of support, smile of inspiration and heart of love. I love you and wouldn’t know what to do without you.


 

A special thanks to my Mom for helping me load and unload the majority of these gifts bright and early Thursday morning and last minute sorting on Saturday morning.  I hope that when I’m 70, I’ll still be going as strong as you are.  I love you dearly.

A very special thank you to Steve….my wonderful husband.  For listening to the endless chatter about the new ideas, the Candy Store and how excited I am to be spreading joy.  Christmas has always excited me, but making a difference in this fashion, kicks up the excitement factor…a LOT.  Thank you honey!! I love you.

I hope that you’ll watch the videos, see the pictures and that as you do, you’ll sit back, smile and say…

There’s no Joy like Spreading JOY!

 

Thank you! The hope you've sprinkled this Christmas will carry in the hearts of many for years to come!

[whispering] if I've forgotten anyone, PLEASE tell me so that I can fix it...and do so quickly!

Also - if you were THERE on this amazing day, please take a moment to comment and share YOUR story! I know you have one!  If you don't, share how your heart soared in helping to sprinkle HOPE this Christmas!



Here is an audio recording of the encouragement I gave to the ladies:

Boldly Walk into the New Year!



A Video for your Viewing Pleasure! Thank you for how you are Spreading JOY and Making a Difference!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates