Monday, July 23, 2012

Gift of God's Grace


I love the Grace of God.

I love the fact that HE looks for us!  He wants to spend time with us.  Not just hear our prayers, but he longs to just spend time together.

Isn’t that an amazing thought?

The King of Kings and LORD of Lords wants to spend time with us?

We wake in the morning and God sees us in our sleepy slumber and thinks, “THERE she/he is…. I HOPE they spend some time with me today!”  or maybe it is something like “I hope we can sit and remember the wonderful things that made him/her smile yesterday! What a smile it will bring again today!”

OR maybe it will be, “I can’t wait until she/he sings today! I know it’s never on key, but it’s pure joy to my heart!”

But I wonder how often God may think “ Well, at least they talk to me in prayer, they think they need so many things…I wish they would just trust me more.”

Are we guilty of that?

Are we guilty of using and abusing the grace that God so freely gives us?  

We know His grace will reach farther than our minds can even imagine.
Do we use HIS grace as a get out of jail free card?  Saying “well, I know that isn’t right but God will forgive me.”

It’s true, HE will – but intentionally trampling all over the gift of God’s grace is not a way of keeping the sweet fellowship that we all need, not to mention the horrible image of God that we are reflecting.

Imagine how your heart would sink if your children did that day in and day out.  Imagine how your heart would feel if your child was known as the child that took advantage of your good graces.  It’s not a feeling I want to endure.

God thinks we are so amazing and so precious that He sent His only Son to die for us.  His grace is a blood bought gift that I treasure from the King of Glory.

I HOPE that you treasure it as well.
Majesty gives us grace.
Royalty paid our debt

The King of Kings loves us more than we can ever know. 

Yes, we can come as we are, but think about bringing your best after we are part of HIS family.

Yes, HE calls us friend, but gladly show the respect that Royalty deserves.

Yes, we are his child and He will always adore us, but let’s love and ADORE our Father!

God’s Grace….don’t take it for granted. 

1 Timothy 1:14
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:1
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men

Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

1 Corinthians 1:3
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.


http://youtu.be/gQzrqmcwg8o

http://youtu.be/Oj06mYUj5Wk

0 comments:

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates