Monday, July 30, 2012

Shine for HIM


We are reflecting God’s amazing light and HE has equipped us to shine so brightly that it can be seen, even in the darkest night.

Nations may rise and fall but our light will last forever.

We can and will forever impact hearts and with Social Media that impact can extend further than our minds can even imagine.

We can reach the world for the Lord without even leaving our home.

We need to realize that we are always reflecting God if we are a Christian.  We need to use our talents for the Lord. We need to help others grow and mature with their knowledge of the Lord.  We need to encourage others to keep taking one step at a time…for the LORD.

People will think things of the Lord, based on what they see and think of us.  May they always see great things about Christ in me.

When I feel grumpy – shine
When I feel sad – shine
When I feel hopeless – shine
When I feel lost – shine
When I feel like God doesn’t hear – shine
When I feel alone – Shine
When I feel defeated – shine

Regardless of how I “feel” – those emotions will pass, but the light I give off will last.
While I want to reflect God’s love, greatness and mercy, I also want to be authentically me.  When things are rough, admit it and tell others that I’m relying on the Lord’s strength to carry me through.  When I’m grumpy, own it and apologize if I’ve hurt someone in the process.
I am responsible for the light I give. 

Reminder:  
We are a reflection of God’s light.  We do not need to fear the darkness as God will turn it into light.

Psalm 18:28 You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Father, help us to remember that we are a light, regardless of our feelings or how dark our world may be.  Help us to remember that even if we flicker a tiny bit, that we will help to rid the darkness of its power. May we always shine for you, in Jesus name we ask...Amen

0 comments:

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates