Thursday, July 19, 2012

Powerhouse of JOY


I was gifted an iPhone 4s and immediately fell in love with it!  (Thank you honey!)

I love how quick it is, how I can have my music and even purchase music.  I love how everything is just right there….the JOY of easiness.  I’m a happy camper!

BUT – being a person that loves spreading JOY, I want it to be a powerhouse of JOY to others.  I’m hoping that after you read what I’m using, you’ll be able to suggest apps that will enable me to use this powerhouse gift in even a more JOYful way than I ever imagined!

ALSO….

I love being connected, but on my own terms.  I’m just that way.

To do this I have ALL notification turned off, with the exception of a few (and I’ll share that below) that I choose to have remind me of things.  I don’t even allow my email to publish to my phone automatically.  It’s just one way that I make sure that Social Media and technology work for me, not the other way around.

Here are the apps that I have…I use them to bring me great JOY as well as bring Others JOY.  (For the sake of time, I’ll only link to the lesser known apps. You don’t mind do you? hmm?)

Social Media:

Twitter – The Standard Twitter that comes with it is awesome to me.  But, in all fairness, I love Tweetdeck and have that on there…just incase.

Instagram – I love Instagram! I love seeing the things that bring JOY to others.  I love sharing photos (almost as much as I love sharing music)

Facebook – you’d think that I’d check fb more often than I do with the ease of this app…. [shrugs]

Skype – I love being able to see my family whenever we are apart.

Google + - still learning how to better use it for spreadingJOY but love seeing the things posted there when I hop in.

LinkedIn – Do people really find other jobs, connections and such with this? Maybe I’m not using it properly.

Fun Stuff:

Quotes WP – I love quotes. I love the motivation and inspiration found there

Weird Facts – I love relaxing and flipping through the #RandomFacts here. I will often tweet them with my initial reaction to them. #makesmesmile

Gives Me Hope – Short stories of hope.  Amazing how the little things truly make a difference.
Demotivation – the silly pics with “motivational” thoughts…just check it out, you never know, you may love it.

DoodleBuddy – I am not an artsy kind of gal and this is just plain fun.

Encouragement:

YouVersion – Bible App. There are so many reading programs and bookmarking abilities.  You can share any verse and use just to read from the Bible.  I love the ease of this!

American Greetings – This is a free app and for now, the ecards are free.  I just saw recently that their site was charging to use it, so I’m not sure how long this will be free. I love how easily it works with my address book or my Facebook. This is one that I have reminders set for.  It will remind me of birthdays that are listed from my facebook friends.

Starbucks – mm mmmmm mmmmmm justsayin

Pinterest – I love this! I actually didn’t think I’d like it and that it would be just something else to keep up with.  I love the ease of seeing a picture that appeals and pinning it so that the entire article or recipe is there.

God Thoughts – This is one that I leave on the notifications.  I can set the amount of times I’m reminded to think about the Lord.  I have it set for the Max, 3.  You can easily tweet or Facebook the verse that is sent to you. (and I do…often)  I love this app.  Thank you @TheePottersHand for this gift of encouragement.

To create cute signs with quotes or my own thoughts:

I’m not artsy in any way, shape or form.  To be creative I use the free versions of the following to create cute pictures that will encourage.

Tweegram

Jusgramm

Instafram

Textgram

Versagram

Using these apps, the most non creative individual can have moments of creativity.  Total JOY!


 Photography:

TOO many to name and I’m sure a million more are being created as you read this!   Explore and have fun with this one.  But – if there is a tried and true one that you turn to time and time again – PLEASE leave the name and link to it in the comments below!

Entertainment:

Pandora – everyone loves that

NBC – love seeing shows on MY time

ABC Player – love full episodes

TV.Com – CBS player – keeps me close to the NCIS and CSI episodes that I love

Kindle – I looooove my Kindle, but when I can’t get to it, this is awesome to have

Olive Tree Bible Reader – You can get some awesome free books here too

Netflix – movie night with popcorn and m&m’s can happen anywhere

Games:

AngryGran – I don’t get this game. But I DO love wacking the people that go by with my umbrella.  LOLOL I know…that is just oooooozing of ick and not joy.

Words with Friends – I love this game, but I’ll tend to go 3 to 6 days before I remember it’s my move.  Remember, notifications are turned OFF.

Piano – This is for Megan

Whirly Word – I love this game.  You get 6 letters and make all the words out of it you can.  This game is all kinds of fun! I’ve only actually completely filled in 3 or 4 of the puzzles, so It can be a challenge sometimes.

Wordsearch – simple fun

BeJeweled – free version is just not long enough but it’s fun

Temple Run – I can’t turn the corners well, so it’s doubtful I’ll ever get past the first few turns.  No, I’m not even kidding.

Angry Birds – I have it, but suck at it, so I don’t play often.

Sky Burger – Megan has been to the moon on this one.  Me, I do ok. J This is a lot of fun.

Miscellaneous:

MobileRSS – I love this! I can tweet the articles, email, Facebook and many others that I don’t even use.  If you love having all of your favorite blogs in your Google Reader, then this app is for you!  Read, comment and share.  Easy, peasy….done!  I just love easy!

I know that there is soooo much more that my powerhouse of JOY can do for me and others!  I also know that even as you read this, it is changing and more great things are being created!

I hope that you’ll take a moment to share with me the apps that you turn to time and time again!  (PLEASE….pleeeeeeeeeeese do)

I need easy – as technology is usually not kind to me.

I prefer free – I know that we often get what we pay for, but I’m just that way.  [shrugs]

I love fun.  Who doesn’t?

Thank you for sharing with all of us and helping us to get more out of the technology that just brings great JOY!


0 comments:

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates