Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweet Little Things



mmmm mmm mmmmm complete GREATNESS!
I’ve always loved the little things in life.  Just to make sure that I wasn’t dreaming this, I verified it with my mother and she says, yes….it’s true.  If you don’t believe me, just take it up with her, but I wouldn’t recommend it as she is a feisty little booger and I completely adore her.

ANYWAY…

Sometime ago, I sent off a package to a self professed Reese’s Cup lover.  It was pretty sizeable package of peanut butter and chocolate goodness.  I will often mail off a Reese’s Cup or 3 for no reason at all and expect that it is received with the joy that it is intended….  Just a friend thinking of another and spreading joy to them.

Side note: I will "give" you your own package...but if MY package is open...don't EVEN think I'm gonna share.  That is just not going to happen. :) 

This friend gets the box and is wowed by all the Reese’s Cup in one box.  I smile and am thankful that I could brighten the day.

About ten days later, I get a box in the mail with flaming duct tape.  I giggle with delight because the tape is a dead giveaway.  I don’t even need to see the return address as I KNOW who it was from.  I’m thinking “yuuuuuuum…. Chocolate chip muffins!!!!”

I rip into the box (huge box) and my heart nearly stops!  I’m blown away by the amount of Reese’s Cup, reesepieces and other peanut butter, chocolaty greatness that is in my box!  It had to be 4 times the amount that I had just shipped off a week or so prior! My heart was in awe at the amount!

I immediately tore into one (ok….3, but still) and started looking for where to hide the rest.  Some would go into the freezer for Megan but most of them were being stored away for when I needed a fix…errr, ummm  a treat.

I’ve said all of THAT to say this:

When you give what you can to make a difference for someone, your heart will be flooded with great joy! There is literally no escaping it.  Just do it.  Give.  Don’t worry about what, how much or things of that nature.

TIME TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS;

 Here is what I’m hoping you’ll do.

1st – if you’ve ever given little things like this tell us about it, what you did and how you felt afterwards.
2nd – if you’ve ever been on the receiving end of little things like this – tell us about it and what was the situation surround it.  How did it impact your heart?

Hearing these stories from you is important as they will give others courage to give what they can, regardless of what it is.

If you’ve ever received just ONE Reese’s Cup from someone, let us know what happened.  (or ONE thing out of nowhere.)

All too often we discount these things because we’ve forgotten how delightful it is to receive even the smallest gift for no reason whatsoever. 

It’s huge and my hope is that you’ll always remember just how wonderful it is.

So… tell me…. What’s your story about spreading JOY and about doing what you can, where you are, with what you have? Hmmm? 

Others need to hear it and your heart will enJOY thinking about it again....so do tell in the comment section below!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © .. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block Designed by Santhosh
Distribution by New Blogger Templates